Before we move on to the discussion regarding the best and the most affordable iron under $100, let us understand what actually an iron is and what its uses are.
An iron is nothing but a small appliance which upon heating is used for the purpose of pressing clothes such that the creases present in them get easily removed. In the present era, it is difficult to imagine a house that does not have an iron. The appliance has got the name “iron” from the metal of which the appliance was conventionally made, that is, iron. The process of using iron is referred to as ironing.
Wonder how ironing works?
Well, it works by loosening of the ties amidst the long chain of molecules which prevail within the polymer fiber material. Due to the weight as well as heat of the ironing plate, the fibers get expanded and fabrics start maintaining their new shape when cooled. In case of certain materials like cotton, water is used for loosening the intermolecular bond.
Now that we have discovered what an iron is and how it works, let’s see what its uses or benefits are.
Benefits of having an iron at your work place or at your home
Clothes are the reflection of who you are and your overall personality. Obviously you do not want your impression to be dampened in public or a meeting because of your ill managed clothes.
Clothes which are properly ironed as per the type of fabric make you look impeccable. Ironed clothing makes you feel good and satisfied about you. Wearing clothing which are free from any kind of wrinkles and are fresh, tend to have a direct influence upon the manner in which you are viewed by others at your workplace or at any of your personal spaces.
- Visiting a party directly from your home or workplace?
- Do not have the time to get your clothes dry cleaned?
Use the iron and your work is done!!
Now, you can visit a party directly from your home or office without having to worry about the creases in your clothes.
Invest 5 minutes, let the iron heat and get your clothes ready for wearing to the party or any other event. Now, wonder if you need any expertise for handling the clothes and ironing it? There are user instruction attached with the iron or video tutorials present online which can easily help a person in ironing the clothes.
There are several benefits of using iron. Let’s explore them.
Clothes look better for longer time
If you already do not have knowledge about this, then you would now do. This is identified as the most crucial benefit of having an iron. Ironing the garments make the fibers of fabric to get softened and thereby return back to their usual state. This results into the improvement of their quality. In this way, a longer life is ensured for your clothes. There are several fabrics that get stretched as soon they are worn, altering the original form of cloth.
Ironing allows the shirts, dresses and other kinds of clothes to easily maintain their shapes and seem to be new for a longer period of time. The cuffs of sweaters and knitted jerseys are often observed to lose their shapes with the passage of time. By ironing these parts of the clothes, the fibers retain their “just purchased” look.
Using parallel strokes rather than circular motion allows stretching of fabrics and resultant distortion of original shape of garment. If ironing is done in a correct manner on seams, collars, pleats, and cuffs, they reflect “just off the shelf” look and shape.
Savings of Cost
According to the reports and researches, it has been found out that average household expends a sum of more than $600 over dry cleaning every year. Each of the shirts, trousers, sweaters, pillowcases, is observed to be costing between $5 and $2 just for the purposes of washing along with ironing.
Is that not a motivation enough to get the task done by you and save an enormous amount? Do the ironing yourself and save the sum of money that needs to be invested upon the dry cleaning bill every year.
Stand out from the crowd in Commercial World
Applied for a job and going for an interview with tattered appearance? Get ready to be rejected! It is important to dress well when you go for a corporate meeting, especially an interview where your first impression is all that counts. Wearing crease free clothes helps you stand out from the crowd.
Even when you are over qualified for a job title, do not take your appearance for granted. This will distract your future employer from noticing the gem that you are and the potential that you hold.
Messy clothes degrade your impression and move you down in the list of potential candidates that can get selected. Ironing your clothes yourself gets you a flawless appearance that increases the chances of your selection or promotion in the corporate world.
Best Iron under $100
The right iron will make the task of ironing a breeze. We have reviewed the top irons for garments. So, get ready to replace you iron if your present iron is making the task a nightmare for you!!
Rowenta DW5080 Focus Steam Iron
Tired of your old iron?
Get the Rowenta DW5080 Focus Steam Iron and ironing will become a piece of cake for you!!! Let us have a look at some of its features and specifications which gives it at an edge over the irons being provided by other brands in the same industry.
- This iron heats up at a rapid pace and efficiently removes the creases in an easy way at 1700 Watts.
- There are 400 micro holes which are present within this iron that together offer an impeccable steam generation along with steam distribution.
- It comes with a 10 ounce water tank which implies reduction in the need for refilling at frequent intervals of time.
- This iron has a stainless steel soleplate that contains a precision tip offering the feature of easy gliding and reaching out to the trickiest areas of the clothes.
- It generates strong burst of steam that is found to be suitable for straightening of hanging drapes in the clothes.
- Consisting of an auto off function, it easily switches off the power of the iron once the temperature reaches a specific limit and iron gets heated.
- Having anti calc system in the iron helps in the prevention of calcium accumulation as well as offering the function of self cleaning.
However, it has also been noted that some of the users have pointed out towards the occasional dripping of water from this iron. Also, they have stated that the iron is relatively heavier than the irons they have used till now.
Panasonic NI-L70SR Cordless Iron with Curved Stainless Steel Soleplate
Tired of the poor results given by the irons? Try Panasonic NI-L70SR Cordless Iron with Curved Stainless Steel Soleplate and iron your clothes easily!!!
It gives you absolute freedom at the time of ironing. Containing a charging port, it allows the iron to remain hot while ironing the garments. This iron offers a blend of convenience and good results. Let us gain an insight into some of its features that makes it favourable to be used.
- This iron offers the users with hassle free ironing. Convenience is the prime feature of this product as it can do pressing of the garments at any of the angles without any kind of restrictions by the cable.
- This iron generates adjustable steam that enables the user to iron the garment of any fabric.
- The feature of electronic temperature control enables the user to accurately select the ironing temperature.
- It has a detachable water tank which makes it easier to refill the tank.
- The anti drip system fitted in this iron allows the prevention of water spillages.
- It has the feature of auto shut off for guaranteeing safety in terms of avoiding overheating.
- Hanging clothes can be easily straightened with the vertical steaming and spray mist of this product.
The specifications of this product are enough to blow off customers, especially when it comes under a price of $100. Still, some of the users have pointed out that this iron does not become hot enough for effectively working against the creases and removing the wrinkles to give them “just off the shelf” look.
Also, the water tank in this iron is relatively smaller due to which it requires constant refilling at quick time intervals.
It is one of the best irons that you could ever use. It has high quality features along with specifications that are enough to blow off the minds of users but in a good way!!
It offers ease, convenience and comfort to people while ironing the garments. This product is proficient in delivering amazing results which may even be beyond the imagination of some individuals. Let is peep inside the structuring and framework of this product that gives it an edge in the industry and gives it the tag of “King of Irons”.
Having 1750 watts of power, this iron gets rapidly heated up. High power wattage also allows the product to efficiently deal with the wrinkles and creases in the garments, even upon the difficult fabrics. Providing this amount of power under a budget of $100 is what is capable of blowing off the minds of people.
The product has the capability to combine the steam generation and high power for production of unbelievable results. It has 70 holes for steam generation and distribution. This iron is effective for ironing, irrespective of the fabric of garment you have laid your hands upon.
- It contains a precision tip which is especially designed for reaching out to the tricky areas in the garments and giving professional results.
- It emits a strong steam burst and thus is suitable for vertical steaming. It is ideal for the purpose of straightening the drapes, curtain, and hanging garments and so on.
- The maintenance of this product is quite easy as it contains anti calc and self cleaning features.
- It has a large water tank of 12.7 ounces which implies that the refilling does not need to be carried out at rapid intervals of time.
This iron has anti leak feature for preventing the spillage of water and auto off feature for facilitation of safety at all times.
No matter how flawless a thing may seem, it always contains a scope for improvement. This product contains 84 inch power cord that is acknowledged to be relatively shorter than other irons developed by brands in the same industry.
Also, the water tank is found to be a bit blurred and unclear which makes it difficult for identify the exact level of water present in it.
Iron has become a basic need in the present era of hyper competition. This is because people today do not have much time to give off their clothes for dry cleaning and also the bill of dry cleaning every year is enough to lift the floor off the feet of people. All of the three irons that have been reviewed above are known to be the best in the industry under a budget of $100.
However, Rowenta DW9250 is found to be superior to the rest because of its high quality specifications and features. This iron contains the biggest water tank and has high power wattage of 1750 watts enough to quickly heat the iron for ironing the garments and turning them into the “just bought” look.
It has an impeccable steam generation quality which helps it in giving excellent outputs. All of these features provide users with an extremely easy, convenient and comfortable experience while ironing the garments, irrespective of the fabric of cloth.